The Westfield Youth Soccer Association was founded in 1982. At the time, Westfield was considered “the country” to most of the Indianapolis area, and the club’s first site was located on the Westfield-Washington school grounds north of Westfield’s “old” high school and west of the “old” elementary school. Games were played there and on additional fields provided by the Hortonville Friends Church and Christ United Methodist Church.
Fortunately, the Habig family provided about 40 acres of pasture and farmland between 151st and 161st Street and Carey Road so the club could come together and be at one site for practices and games. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers used the Habig fields as a training site one summer and leveled the playing fields and created the "field on the hill".
In the beginning, WYSA was purely a recreational league, and the Habig fields remained the practice and game site for WYSA’s recreational soccer program until 2013. The club grew steadily, adding a competitive travel league in 1984; in 2008 the travel teams were placed under their own child organization Westfield Select Soccer Club (WSSC). The Club developed Shamrock Springs in 1991, located next to Shamrock Springs Elementary School on 161st between Spring Mill and Ditch. WYSA hosted its first Habig Classic tournament in 1988, drawing players from around the state.
In 2014 the Club became an affiliate of the Chicago Fire MLS Club, merging with Carmel United Soccer Club to form Indiana Fire Juniors. Also in 2014, the City of Westfield opened Grand Park, and the Club began using Grand Park for training and game play.
Today, more than 1900 players participate in Indiana Fire Juniors soccer with programs for players age 4 to age 74 from recreational programs for all ages, youth development programs for players under 10, a travel program for competitive players ages 8 and up, and the highest levels of competitive play with a MLS Next, an Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) program, and an USL Academy team.